Passed 10+2 examination with Physics / Mathematics /Chemistry/ Computer Science/Electronics/ Information Technology/ Biology/Informatics Practices/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies/Entrepreneurship.(Any of the three) Obtained at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together. Or Passed diploma (in Engineering and Technology) with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) subject to vacancies in the First Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
Admissions to the 1st Year of B. Tech Degree Courses against the number of Seats available will be as per the procedure laid down below:
|Sr. No.||Category||Percentage of Seats|
|1.||General Seats||85% of Total Seats|
|2.||Management Seats||15% of Total Seats|
Admissions to 85% General Seats will be made by Himachal Pradesh Technical University. 15% Seats will be filled by the Management. Seats left vacant after completion of counseling by HP technical University will be filled by the College Management.
- The candidate Passed Minimum THREE years / TWO years (Lateral Entry)Diploma examination with at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in ANY branch of Engineering and Technology.
- B. Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- Provided that in case of students belonging to B. Sc stream, shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year Engineering Program along with the second year subjects.
- Provided further that the students belonging to B.Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
- Provided further those students, who have passed Diploma in Engineering & Technology from an AICTE approved institution or B.Sc. degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, shall also be eligible for admission to the first year Engineering Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the first year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned in 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 above.
Compatibility of Diploma Courses for Admission to B. Tech Degree Program under Lateral Entry Scheme:
Diploma Programs Degree Programs
Civil Engineering in ANY Branch of Engineering and Technology.
Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Communication Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering/Tool and Die Technology (CTR Ludhiana)
Automobile Engineering/Production Engineering
Computer Engineering/Information Technology/ Computer Science and Engineering
Textile Technology/Textile Chemistry/Textile Design /Textile Printing/Knitting Technology.